Honors and Awards for The Faculty Members / Students
- Dr. Khaja Mohinuddin Salar, Assistant Professor of Biochemistry was awarded “Young scientist award” in- PHYSICON-2013, held at KIMS, Narketpally
- Dr. D. Archana, Assoc. Professor of Biochemistry was awarded PGS-FAIMER Fellowship by PSG-FAIMER Regional Institute, Coimbatore in the year of 2014.
- Dr. Sudhir Babu Padgul, Professor of Ophthalmology was awarded “Fellow of all Indian Collegium of Ophthalmology” in the subject Glaucoma at AIOC-2014, Agra, February 2014.
- Training of faculty in Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Good Clinical Practice (GCP). Several Faculties have been trained Lab QMS & Internal Audit for clinical laboratories as per ISO - 15189:2007
- Dr. Devanand, Assistant professor of Orthopedics was selected for Post-doctoral SSHRI spine fellowship in 2011. faculty has been awarded fellowship in spine surgery
- To keep pace with the ever changing development in medical field, the faculties are encouraged for research in newer areas.
- Four faculties have authored and published books in their respective disciplines.
- Monthly zonal CMEs and institutional CMEs are conducted on a regular basis by inviting guest speakers.
- Facilities of Clinical Skills Lab (CSL) are available for training the Undergraduate and Postgraduate students in clinical skills. Further Basic Life Support (BLS) is extended to all the students, staff and supporting employees on campus.
- APAIDSCON: KIMS faculty conducted a number of advanced hands on clinical training on HIV for doctors, nursing staff and other paramedical staff.
- Faculties are encouraged to present papers in state/ national and international conferences and were awarded prizes at State level conferences. Dr. Naser A. Tadvi, Assoc. Professor of Pharmacology was awarded second prize for presentation on “Excitations: Their role in Neuro degeneration: facts Vs Fiction” at XXIV Annual National Conference of Physiological Society of India (PHYSICON - 2012), Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam.
- The following PG students who won prizes in the Quiz competition organized by the Basavatarakam Indo – American Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Hyderabad, conducted on the occasion of World Cancer day on 04.02.2014.
- Dr. Swathi Muthyala (2nd year PG Radiodiagnosis)
- Dr. P Pranuthi (2nd year PG General Medicine)
The following students who won prizes in the OSMECON-2014 held at Hyderabad as per the details mentioned below.
|1||Ms. Y. Sindhura Ms. Ch. Ms. Ch. Srivally||9th Semester||Case Presentation||Rupture of Rudimentary horn of uterus with Intra uterine death||1st Prize|
|2||Ms. P. Sindhuja Ms. S. Snigdha||7th Semester||Case presentation||Wolf Parkinson-white syndrome||1st Prize|
|3||Ms. K. Kavya||5th Semester||Essay writing||Break the silence to break the stigma||1st Prize|